Kan inte rota min Htc One s?!

Diskussion i 'One S - ROM-filer och utveckling' startad av Defeat, 27 mar 2014.

1. Defeat

Defeat Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Tja, eftersom Htc One s-delen i forumet verkar helt död så skriver jag här. Googlade och hittade en guide för att roota One S. Tydligen behövde man ingen dator för det.

Installerade helt enkelt "framaroot" till telefonen och körde det. Det stod att roten lyckades och jag startade om telefonen. Men när jag kollar root check så står det att telefonen inte är rotad? Jag har testat flera gånger.

Det är den enda guiden jag hittat som funkar med senaste uppdateringen med 4.1.

Vad är fel??

2. tuko

tuko Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

3. Defeat

Defeat Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Thanks!! Now I've rooted the phone! :) But i just can't figure out how to get s-off. I've tried so many ways.. Do you have s-off, if yes, how?? :)

4. tuko

tuko Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I just checked mine and it to is not s-off, so I will get it done tomorrow. ;-)

But in the mean time Rumrunner should get you s-off.

http://rumrunner.us/

5. tuko

tuko Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Before running Rumrunner, make sure that remove the SIM card from the phone, it will make life easier. The whole process will take approx 10 minutes.

After you have ran Rumrunner, run through this guide to remove the tampered flag from Bootloader, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2470328

I now have a "Locked" Flag, no Tampered Flag and S-off.

6. Defeat

Defeat Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I get a very weird problem when i try to s-off. After i rooted the phone, root checker says the phone is rooted. But when i run suju to s-off, it says my phone isn't rooted! When I look at root checker again (after I run n suju), it now says my phone IS NOT rooted! So it seems that suju unroots my phone and then complains about it not being rooted?!

To root my phone i have to run ClockworkMod Recovery and TWRP 2 Recovery again (superSU is already installed)

Any ideas?

7. Defeat

Defeat Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Also, superSU complains about that it has to update the binary files, and i can't use the app unless i do this. Tried to install UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.94.zip but that didn't work?!

8. tuko

tuko Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

The SuperSU that I used is here:
    http://download.chainfire.eu/310/SuperSU/UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.04.zip

I'm running TWRP and have no problems with it. But I did not get rooted the first time I tried it, the second time it work. My suggestion is to try again, starting from the begining.

If SuperSU needs to update a binary file, let it.

NOTE:
    I have ran into a problem with my mobil that I noticed at work tonight and that is I'm stuck on EDGE. This is apparently not uncommon after root/s-off, so I found a thread over at Xda which I hope will work. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2160389

9. Defeat

Defeat Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I hade to install superuser. I couldn't update SuperSUs binary library.

I my phone is now rooted and s-off! :D Installed maximusHD with sense 5, wonderful!

All tough I can't get any 3G/WCDMA-signal, just as you can't. I will check your link out, thank you!

10. Defeat

Defeat Teen Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Did you solve the problem? I have the same problem and I've tried different radios etc. but I still can't get get 3G to work, I get no signal.

When i search for networks on the phone in 3G-mode, I only find the carrier "3".

I checked which frequencies all the carriers in Sweden use, and all of them use 2.1GHz for 3G and 900MHz for 2G/gsm, except for the carrier "3" which also uses 900MHz for 3G.

So, my phone can only use the 900MHz networks now and can't font any 2.1GHz networks. I have no idea if it was s-off, the rooting or flashing maximusHD rom that screwed this up. And I have no idea how to solve this..

Any ideas??

11. tuko

tuko Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

I still have no 3G.
    I'm thinking that maybe that I'm running the wrong RUU for a reset. What I mean is that the One S that I bought 2 years ago had ICS in it then it updated to JB. I'm thinking that the JB RUU might be too new and that I need to run the ICS RUU first before updating to JB....... Really I'm grasping at straws, but it won't hurt anything at this point now will it?

I've still not found a radio for Nordic.

12. tuko

tuko Infant Droid Medlem

Mottagna gillanden:

MINA ENHETER

Defeat,
    I've finally got both 3G & H working again. If you check over at xda the instructions are there and I can help if you need.